Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am in the process of buying a 2000 Goldwing SE, wanted to get some opinions before i purchase, The bike is a 2000 SE with 10,000 miles looks to be in mint condition, the guy is about 60 years old and just is not using the bike, he bought it new and has put 10,000 miles on it, He is asking $5,800 for it??? Any thoughts or comments on price and if there is any known issues with this year that should drive me to not purchasing it????

Thanks Kerry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

At that price, you can't go wrong. Ask about timing belts, if they have ever been changed. If not, change them to be on the safe side.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
imported post

That looks like a minter. Great color. If the pics tell the story then is is a bargain.
This is the exception to the rule "if it looks too good to be true, it is"

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

The only thing he did was change tires about 5 years ago due to dry rot, he said he has never touched it other than oil change and normal maintenance. Does this price sound good for that year and miles,? I gave him a deposit and he is awaiting thhe new title due to having it for so many years and losing the original title, he said it should be in next week and my dad will pick it up for me, due to me being in Brazil on a business trip for the next 30 days.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
imported post

Buy it fast!!!

that is a primo exhibit...

you can look at timing belts anyday.

That is a very good price, don't even back up or try to haggle.

just take it home.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
imported post

as for the timing belts?

I doubt seriously there is anything wrong with them.
I would not change them if it were mine.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Im stuck working in Brazil but i told my dad as soon as he calls with the title ride over and get it, i was plannming on haggling on price until i showed up and saw the bike, even my wife said ... hey give him a down payment until he gets the title in from motor vehicle ..... no questions just gave him some deposit money bill of sale and left..... i just wanted to get some expert opinions while waiting on title to come in. This will be my first cruiser, before this it was 500 hp turbo hayabusa and 280 hp turbo GSXR 600, man I must be getting older... or maybe just smarter. lol

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Geez why can't I have that kind of luck....:shock:

Nice looking wing and a great price too.....oh BTW...great color also....

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

+1 on what evreyone else said. Pay the man and get it home before he comes to his senses!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Great price, no matter what issues there may be.

The only problem I forsee is that the carbs likely require cleaning... I had a friend who found a similar low-milage gem, and had never-ending problems with the carbs.

He however was foolish enough to not have replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the gas tank... so all that gunk (and there was a LOT of it!) simply re-plugged up that newly cleaned carb.... I'm S-U-R-E that you will not repeat that mistake, and actually spend the $3 to buy a new filter, right?!!!

I say Buy it, but then verify that all the maintenance was done, and all is current.. it won't cost more than $500 (parts) to do it head to toe.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Go for it.... I bought my 2000SE with about 10k on the clock a few years ago... only problem I had (and still have) is that it doesn't quite idle correctly... probably like Alex says.. needs a carb cleaning.. these machines like to run, not sit around...

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

Treat her like a lady and she will love you long time.

fastest color too............

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

It's good you have money down on it or it would be gone. That price is a steal for a low mileage 2000SE. Kelly Blue Book has it valued at $8185, and they regularly sell for quite a bit more than that, especially when they are really low miles.

John

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
imported post

You sure it's not 110,000 miles? Even at that mileage the bike is still a good buy. Hard to tell from the picture but those footpegs look kinda worn for ten thousand miles. But then what the heck do I know.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Great deal.

If your not going to get it let me know where its at.

I have someone that will buy it.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Great deal.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Pretty sure it is 10,000 miles, he purchased it brand new, and if you look at the plate on the bale the sticker is from 03 or 04

Thanks for all the comments, title should be in today and my dad will scoop it up for me and then, i wait and wait until a month goes by and i return from Brazil ready to ride

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.