Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have ruined the front wheel on my 2003 1800A. Huge dent, but still held air and ran true (took 15,000 miles to wear out the tire!) I did buy a replacement as a spare but now that the tire on the dented rim is spent I took the rim in to have it repaired which failed (cracked while tring to repair).

The first replacement wheel I orderedis HDL part #44650-MCA-A000 (2001-2005 wheel)for $345.27. Now I have gotten used to having a full set of extra wheels mounted and ready to go (rear wheels are CHEAP due to trikeing). Getting ready to order another oneI see that the wheel for 2006-2009 is part #44650-MCA A060 at $284.30.

I've heard there interchangeable. Anyoneknow?

·
Administrator
26,536 Posts
imported post

I don't think they are any different, Honda changes part numbers occasionally just to frustrate the parts people.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I honestly do not know. But a check of all the aftermarket OEM parts houses also show different part numbers and a higher price for the 01/05 with a drop in price from 06.

The rotors on the ABS models are different to allow for mounting of the brake ring.

Somehow, I suspect a difference in the wheel bearings, and housing. Just not sure. But all the wheel bearing numbers are also different.
Kit

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I believe they will fit. The very latest Ibelieve have a different valve stem for the pressure monitor gadget, but the wheel will still fit.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

i happen to have the lower priced 2006 and up front wheel on my 2002 wing, it came with the bearings and seals already installed, the only way i would suspect any kind of a problem would b if you had a 2009 wing, 2009 has a different valve stem for sensing air pressure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.