Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started out as just installing a trailer wiring plug for a guy but something is not right here,

when you turn the key on, all of the taillights are on plus the yellow turn signal lights but they will not work as signals.

when the brake is applied the yellow lights go off and only the spoiler brake light works.

I will add that there is something wired into the wiring loom close to a white plug under the seat called a Street Magic ( not sure what it is for). I don't have a Manuel for a 1800. I need to get one.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Did you try putting all wiring back to OEM? Is the problem only when the trailer is plugged in?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try putting all wiring back to OEM? Is the problem only when the trailer is plugged in?
I haven't even installed the trailer wiring yet. I wanted to get the signals working correctly first. I am wondering if that Street Magic thing is causing the problem?

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
Check the green (ground) wire in the 14 pin grey connector under the seat.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Yes, a manual would be helpful to you.

As Dave notes above, these symptoms are usually associated with improper grounds.

Per Internet search, looks like you have a brake light flasher made by Custom Dynamics:

Universal Magic Strobes™ Brake Light Flasher

or

I would focus on this if grounds are all good.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
I agree with Dave and Andy. Ir seems like the tail lights have a poor ground and have found a ground through the right stop/turn light???? Do the tail lights seem a bit dimmer than normal?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with Dave and Andy. Ir seems like the tail lights have a poor ground and have found a ground through the right stop/turn light???? Do the tail lights seem a bit dimmer than normal?
Thanks everyone, I wound up removing the Street Magic unit and now the turn signals are working fine. The brake light still only works on the spoiler but with your help I did make some progress. I will keep looking as to why the lower brake lights do not work. I need these working before I do the trailer wiring.

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
The brake lights all, except for the spoiler, get their feed through that same 14 pin connector mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The brake lights all, except for the spoiler, get their feed through that same 14 pin connector mentioned above.
Thanks Dave, That is where the street magic was spliced in, I will have to look closer and make sure I did not miss something.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Dave, That is where the street magic was spliced in, I will have to look closer and make sure I did not miss something.
Thought I would let you know what I found. It did turn out to be a ground. The problem was the ground connection in the 14 pin was not making up. I temporally put a small piece of solder in the connection and it worked fine that way but I decided that if anyone else ever unplugged it and the solde fell out and then they would be chasing it down like I did so I just cut it out and put a spade connecter on it. I added the trailer wiring and now all is good. I just want to thank everyone again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts