Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm on the verge of buying a 2001 GL1800A. What I'd really like to do is peruse the owners manual. Does anyone know where I could download it?

Many thanks, you guys all seem so helpful!

Rick

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

Hi Rick and welcome. I believe Frad Harmon has this on his site but I forget the link. SOmeone else should be able to provide it.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

Hi Rick, I have what you are looking for. But I'm not good on a pc. how can I send you a copy??

Dave Ottawa

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Could you please email it to me? My address is:

Thanks!

Rick

BTW, looking at a 2001 GL1800A (Black) next week. Anything I should look for in particular?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

Ok Rick.. I had sent you an email to your email address. here is wot I wrote. I can get a copy burned and send it to you if you like.

Dave

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Rick, take your e-mail addy out of that post and PM it to people in future. Putting e-mail addresses in public view on forums is a bad idea as the e-mail harvesters find them.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Rick :waving::waving:,I deleted your email add from the post otherwise you will have all type of scam merchants offering you all kinds of wonderful wings for a few dollars :),,

Make sure all the recalls have been done on the 2001 ,And check to see if the speedo needle is sticking ,Some of the speedo faces warped from the sun and the needle would stick at different speeds ,On the recalls make sure the brake valve was changed (ABS MODEL ONLY),and good luck with it ,you will love it ,, cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

The wing has been exported from the US to Canada by a dealer. In order to export the bike from the US to Canada you have to have proof from the manufacturer that all recalls have been done. Otherwise the gov't won't allow it to be registered. I will check those documents as well just to make sure. I have a buddy that works for Canada Customs and he's kept me pretty up to date on this stuff. I recently helped a couple of friends immigrate from Chicago to Vancouver and I learned all about this stuff.

I wasn't aware of the warped speedo issue, but I'll certainly check it out. Gotta have a test drive! The bike won't be here until next week, so I'm all anxious!

As for the email address, thanks for removing it. I'm not too concerned however. I get tons of spam already. A couple more won't make any difference!

I went looking for Fred Harmon's web site, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have a link?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

Rick I burned you a copy of the manual. I emailed you but I don't know if it got through. I can pop it into the mail if you would like it. No charge, glad to help out another rider.

regards

Dave Ottawa Canada

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I resent you a PM. I guess the first one didn't make it. Thanks a whole bunch! Thats really great! You Canadians are great people!!! :goofygrin:

Rick Vancouver Canada!

radioniwde wrote:
Rick I burned you a copy of the manual. I emailed you but I don't know if it got through. I can pop it into the mail if you would like it. No charge, glad to help out another rider.

regards

Dave Ottawa Canada

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.