Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have 19,000 miles on my '04' 1100 Spirit. I'm gonna get a wing, any difference in these years ?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

I own a 2004 Goldwing (Red). I have a friend with a 2001. So far as I can tell, there are two differences and one has probably been addressed with any 2001, 2002 and most 2003 Goldwings -- that being the updated computer which essentially tells the temp guage to be patient before registering high temps. The other difference is that my 2004 has illuminated controls, which the '01, '02, and (I'm pretty sure) '03's don't have. My friend has 50,000 miles on his '01 and I have 7,000 on my '04 and I can tell you that the performance is almost identical. Over the years he's added progressive front springs, a fork brace, a few sets of tires (he now has the Elite III's and loves them -- I also have a set but have not mounted them yet) and I believe he's changed out the rear shock. His was inspected for the frame cracks and his passed. Mine has not been recalled ... yet.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey sarge :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper: When you buy the :18red:the most important difference is the colour. Just make sureyou buy the fastest colour which is RED. :18red:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

RED 18 wrote:
I own a 2004 Goldwing (Red).
Hey RED 18 :waving: Welcome to the greatest Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:It's nice to see that you ride the fastest :18red:colour. RED. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.