Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem is Rough Ride.I just replaced slider bushings ,Seals,fork oil 15w.Used Progressive springs.oil was only filled to 5.5 with forks compressed so the level is just a little low now i have a Harsh ride.Anti Dive has a washer on top to keep plunger from working. I took the forks all the way down washed everything out,also took the c clip out of anti dive valve pulled the plunger and spring, stretched the spring out a little before putting it back in.I do have a fork brace plan to remove it and see if it makes any change. any one know what im missing here?

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
The washer should have disabled the AD. Other than that the only things that make the ride harsh is too much fork oil or too heavy an oil grade.

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
It does sound like the ADV is stuck, may have a small particle of something in it. 5.5" is too much oil IMO with progressives, drop it to about 6.5". The fork brace will have nothing to do with it.

·
Honda Guru
2,075 Posts
If you have a 3 piece fork brace… I've seen them mis-machined and off center. It bound the forks and caused a rough ride like you. Cheap n easy first….. remove the fork brace just to make sure.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update i took the top part off anti dive and pushed the plunger with a screw driver it seamed to be moving freely,put it back together,removed the fork brace took a test ride thought it may be a little better but still not right.removed the anti dive valve from the fork looked at the ports it was open i sprayed brake clean in and through it,it was clean and open. so i have removed the forks pulled the springs at this point im going to put the old springs back in.I feel like the progressives i bought on Fee bay were boxed wrong.Looks like they have been binding. and its been to long to return them.Im not even sure what springs were in it but it sure rode good so im putting them back and calling it good.Thanks for the help everyone.I would like to post some pictures of these springs if only i knew how LOL

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
problem fixed. i put the original springs back in with the same 15w oil at the 5 inches from top with forks compressed,Made new spacers with pvc pipe 1 inch longer than stock. It rides good again. thanks again for every ones input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.