Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 GL1800 with 77k miles and have a small fork seal leak and hard suspension which is probably the anti dive. I'm not sure the springs have been replaced so would like to do the seals, bushings, and springs. Does anyone have a recommendation on progressive vs race tech vs traxxion? The traxxion ak20 is too expensive. I would just be looking for the springs. I am only 5'6" so one concern is the stiffer spring raising the bike higher. The right fork has a damper. Does the damper need replacing at some point and how can you tell? I have also read people deactivate the anti dive after putting on heavier springs (1.2mm)

·
Administrator
26,700 Posts
Progressive springs seem to work just fine and you can cut or make spacers to adjust the ride height. I doubt your damper is bad, before you drain the oil from the fork, if it has any in it work the damper up and down with the fork collapsed, it should have more resistance pulling up than pushing down. To effectively disable the anti-dive while you have the left fork apart remove the clip and the spring and washers from the bottom of the inner piston.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts