Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My 2002 GL1800 has 11,000 miles on the odometer. I am the 3rd owner, having acquired her from an owner who pampered her.
I notice I can hear the input shaft spinning at idle in neutral, and (obviously) the sound stops with clutch disengagement.
It's not squealing or howling...it just sounds like a ball bearing when spun. Noticeable, but not indicative of an obvious problem.

Is this normal?

Thanks (in advance)

Rob (in hell)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Doesn't sound too untoward Rob, but maybe you could make a short video of it and particularly the sound and put it on Youtube so we can see and hear it doing it.

1800's have been described as sounding like a Singer Sewing Machine when ticking over, so maybe that is just the normal noises you are hearing. :?

Oil and filter changed recently? If not, it might be time. :)

·
Premium Member
67,635 Posts
My bike had Honda oil in it when I got it.. The first change I went to Delo 15/40 and it seemed to quiet some of the noise

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Hey Rob, the biggest problem with your bike is that it's a 2002 with ONLY 11,000 miles!!! These babies like to be ridden on a regular basis!! ;)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
wow a 2002 with 11.000 miles my 2001 has 140.000 miles and at idle sounds like ..well noisy..never changes ...like a hay maker machine for lack of a better term

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.