Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

has no fuel. Checked voltage at the connector at pump. It has only 7 volts instead of battery voltage. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

Probably the relay. It is the center relay on the back row.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Let me explain, my father in law bought the bike because of the low milage(2,400). I warned him about the fact of the bike had to set up a long time. Anyway I got it home and of course it would not start. There are no error codes,has good fire but doesn't seem to be getting fuel. It will rotate over great but will not hit a lick. I went ahead and installed new plugs, cleaned fuel tank and noticed alot of rust on fuel pump. I plugged the pump up out of the tank and checked for voltage while depressing starter switch. It has battery voltage at the pump. I removed the seat from my 08 GL1800 and checked voltage at the 5 pin connector at the pump. With the key on the wire in the center has battery voltage,but the 02 has only 7 volts with the key on. Seems to be a problem but not for sure. I really feel the pump is bad, but $400 is alot to guess with. I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I added a revised post that may explain myself a little better. I will check the relay. Maybe switch it out with another that is the same. Thanks

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

What color wire are you checking? If you are at the sending unit wire (grey) it will probably show 7 volts. The brown wire should have 12 volts when cranking.

FYI, just reply to your original thread or edit your original post, makes keeping up with things simpler among other things.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the info. So if I have voltage at the brown wire,which I do. Then the pump is bad?

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

Probably gummed up from the old gas. If you could clean it out it probably would work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.