Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

For some reason my right side mirror has become discolored and distorted. I would like to replace and have been told my best choice would be using a Multivex Mirror. I am told they are the least expensive and the easiest to install I have no knowledge as to how good or bad they are on a bike.
Would appreciate advise from anyone using these.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

Muth mirrors is the only one I know of. they take a little getting used to but are good value for money.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I have the MultiVex mirrors. I really like them, but there are some observations I found.
First... there are NO blind spots with these mirrors. In fact they work so well that I can see riders behind me on my left, while looking into my right morror. It's kinda like having a cross view behind me. Next... and this is important.... One has to get used to seeing vehicles in the blind spot's. With standard mirrors, if you can see the car... he is behind your blind spot. With the MultiVex, if you can see him, he is right there. What I'm saying is that when I first installed the M-Vex I caught myself thinking of changing lanes when I could see the vehicle in my mirror! Not a good idea because actually the guy is right on you. I always look before I chage lanes anyway! So there is a perspective differance with flat or M-Vex. Finally, if you like to look in the mirror and try to see detail on something behind you.. a long look... The M-Vex mirror is not good for that. I only glance in my mirrors most of the time anyway. Due to the special convex shape of the M-Vex, some of the crisp detail of a flat mirror is lost, but only for long gazing.
After having them for a couple years on my GL1800, I find them to be a huge stafety advantage. When I ride a other GL1800... I miss having the enhanced rear view coverage. Sooo I guess You can say I like the things!

Corventure Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.