Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum but lurking for awhile. Searched the forum and couldn't find anything specific if the Polk DB-521 will fit the rear pods of an '02 Goldwing? Thinking of adding the 501's to the front & the 521's in the rear.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Infinity Speakers are good choice too, marine grade.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at the thread and similar threads. Still can't find any telling me the Polk DB-521 will fit the rear housing of an '02. Saw threads for 2006-2010 but I believe the rear pods are a different.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I looked at the thread and similar threads. Still can't find any telling me the Polk DB-521 will fit the rear housing of an '02. Saw threads for 2006-2010 but I believe the rear pods are a different.
I just looked at the parts fiches for 02 and 06, the speaker box on the rear has the same numbers and the differences are the color numbers only so the should be the same size speakers.

you might have to use the Polk Audio DB401 4 inch

Found this on the Sony speakers fitting, one guy at the end said he was going to try the polk 521 but never posted back the results.
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/show...ront-and-Rear-Install&highlight=rear+speakers

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I thought it was the Polk 501 that fit.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thank everyone for their replys but the question wasn't answered. I'm only interested if the Polk DB-521 speakers will fit the rear pods of an '02 Goldwing. They are bigger (4 11/16" cutout vs 3 11/16" and deeper (2 5/16" vs 1 15/16") than the DB-501s.
The Pioneers Chet used are discontinued .

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I thank everyone for their replys but the question wasn't answered. I'm only interested if the Polk DB-521 speakers will fit the rear pods of an '02 Goldwing. They are bigger (4 11/16" cutout vs 3 11/16" and deeper (2 5/16" vs 1 15/16") than the DB-501s.
The Pioneers Chet used are discontinued .
I didn't see them in the search so you may have to remove some plastic to get the 521 to go in if the covers fit over them. Pull it apart and see what you think and post back.
I have read a post on upgrading the speakers but didn't see the one i was looking for when I searched for you. I may have it bookmarked on the church computer . Might find it later today if I have a chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.