Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Doing this for a buddy. Took his 1800 for a run yesterday and noticed his low beams were not working. Today he washed the trike and got it home with no issues. Halfway in the garage it quit. Cranks, but will not fire. Jumpered fuel pump and pulled plugs. No spark at plugs. Codes come up with a fault for all 6 cylinders, which he cleared and now only #15 comes up which i believe he said was # 4 cylinder. Not sure if washing it caused the problem or coincidence. Any ideas where to look next? Thanks.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,683 Posts
imported post

I suspicion something got wet that should not have.
I don't spray water on my bikes.

Give it a couple of days to dry out, or maybe put a fan on it to help in that regard.

Wash them with a rag in a bucket of soapy water. Keeping them clean with frequent waxings is preferable anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I would follow the plug wires back through the ignition and test everything as I go along. Also, make sure that all connectors are clean and properly connected. I couldn't tell you about the codes other than look at getting a shop manual if you don't have one already. Oh, and Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure someone on here can help.

+1 to AZgl1500 as well.

·
Administrator
26,168 Posts
imported post

Check the bank angle sensor, the FI/IGN relay and the FI/IGN fuse.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Everything checked out. bank angle sensor is good. When he clears the codes, they all go away except #15 which is #4 injector. Could this be a faulty ECM or pulse enerator-something along those lines?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

After all is said and done-it was #4 injector. Not sure why all injector fault codes came up, but he is back on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.