Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I’m replacing the RH switch control panel anyone give me a HOW TO,
im also concerned about getting the throttle cable removed and back on.
really appreciate any help/experience you have had.
Thanks
Ed
[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The starter button has a dead spot, sometimes it will start the engine, other times I have to wiggle it to make contact, I’ve sprayed contact cleaner, and it’s fine until the cleaner drys, than back to wiggling the switch, I’d appreciate any help. Also had it to the dealer, and he said the switch is bad .
thx

·
Administrator
26,582 Posts
Just no way to do it without disconnecting the throttle cables from the engine which is quite a job.

·
Premium Member
2008 GL1800
1,373 Posts
Try removing the switch, disassemble, clean, lube with dielectric grease, assemble and install. No WD-40.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Just no way to do it without disconnecting the throttle cables from the engine which is quite a job.
Why is that the case? It seems like you could wiggle it out of there. Pretty sure I did on mg 99 but it was a long time ago.

·
1,717 Posts
On the left side of the frame , close to the steering neck there are adjusters for the throttle cables .
If you loosen those fully it is possible to disconnect the cables from the handle .(at least it was for me ;) ).

·
Administrator
26,582 Posts
Why is that the case? It seems like you could wiggle it out of there. Pretty sure I did on mg 99 but it was a long time ago.
On the left side of the frame , close to the steering neck there are adjusters for the throttle cables .
If you loosen those fully it is possible to disconnect the cables from the handle .(at least it was for me ;) ).
OK, you guys caught me not thinking clearly again.

·
Administrator
26,582 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts