Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good evening all and Merry Christmas.

Well I have learned that I didn't want a belly pan, as I had initially posted. I need a pair of protectors. They are the ones that have the molded in exhaust cutouts. They are also known as the protectors for the exhaust.

I am looking for a pair of GoldWingprotectors that I can paint up to match my 03 Red. Please look around and if you have a pair, please let me know.

Ray (Msgt):18red:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Hey Ray, you can buy a new one cheap (less than $50), scuff it up and paint it. Does or can paint stick to stainess steel?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Flyone. After reading your reply, I got thinking about it. I knew that what I was looking for was not made from metal. I should have researched before opening my mouth. I have it straight now and have changed the post. Unforunatly people are reading the header. I will probably repost.
Ray

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

No problem Ray! Now I'm confused......I am not familar with the protectors for which you are typing about. Call me sometime and let me know. This maybe something I need for my Wing as I am always looking for protection for my soft belly!! :cooldevil:

I'll start asking around.......Kit? (PM sent) Do you know?? :baffled:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

The Protectors that he is talking about are the lower plastic side cowlings that fit around the bottom of the frame and engine, the footpegs and several other things pass through them.

The protectors are the part of the bike that you secure a belly pan too, not the belly pan.

Other than finding some that someone has that is parting out a bike, the only other source would be like bike bandit or hondadirectparts or some place like this.

If chrome ones are wanted they can be purchased from any of the aftermarket chrome places for the Wings.

Kit

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Thank you Kit!! :clapper:This is why we pay you the big bucks!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

(I learn something new everyday!) :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.