Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The bike has 50k miles on it, the ticking noise is coming from the left valve cover. It only ticks when the bike is at idle. Does the valves need to be adjusted? If so how would I go about doing that?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Doubt it is the valves, they just get tighter with wear. They do need to be done if never done before, and at every 32,000 miles.

You need a shim kit , micrometer, magnet, two specialty cam chain tools, or a small screwdriver and hemostat for the one side, tools and torque wrench. A bit of RTV silicone, a service manual and half a day. (and a calculator)

Most likely it is an injector clicking. Injectors are down low valves up high, can listen with a heart scope and kinda tell if up high or low by the injectors.

Kit

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I'm interested in this topic as I will have to do mine this summer.

How do valves get tighter with wear? Try as I might I can not imagine any way that can happen, but I am always willing to learn.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

Are you saying your bike run's like a clock:p I would take the simple fix...Sea Foam It's worth a try.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I have to remember that one, I think I will write it down, Runs like a clock. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: We have an all day maintenance day coming up on the 28th, we have a large warehouse to use and everyone brings their tools and works on the bikes. Someone is bound to have a tick, so I can tell them not to worry about it, it is running like a clock. :DKit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.