Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Need a front wheel for my wing. I picked this up a couple of weeks ago in Tennessee and the front wheel is pretty well pitted. I am a little (a lot) anal about this kind of thing. I need to replace the front tire also so I might as well find another wheel.

Got a spare one laying around?:bowing:

Happy Thanksgiving.

mynext30years at cox net

316-305-6724

Ray (Msgt)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
imported post

Tee hee! Most bikes I've ever owned did not have any "spare wheels". LOL

Know your feeling there though. I'm on the watch all the time for a "new to me" bike, and I keep wanting the cream of the crop. That 1500 up in New Hamshire sure had me wanting to go for it. But alas, the doctor won't turn me loose yet. :(

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Tee hee! Most bikes I've ever owned did not have any "spare wheels". LOL

Know your feeling there though. I'm on the watch all the time for a "new to me" bike, and I keep wanting the cream of the crop. That 1500 up in New Hamshire sure had me wanting to go for it. But alas, the doctor won't turn me loose yet. :(
John,

Sometimes the doctors don't always get it right. In 1980 after cervical fusion I was told by multiple doctors I could never ride a motorcycle again, because if I was in an accident it would result in my being a quadriplegic. When I pinned the doctors down they all admitted a car accident would probably do the same thing.

Short version, I believed them for 3 years, then rode one day and discovered that my pain level is much less riding the bike than in a cage, you only hit half as many pot holes and can avoid some of the bumps. From that day on I've ridden as much as possible. A bad day on the bike sure beats a good day in a cage.

However, that's a decision that only you can make, to ride or not, after careful consideration of the facts.

George

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Mynext30years.... have you considered having both front and rear wheel powder coated? The finish on the wheels is not known for it's long termprospects and another wheel may have just the same issue in a short time.

Just a thought. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.