Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The cruise and reverse switches are not working properly. I can't get the cruise switch to stay on and sometimes have difficulty getting the reverse switch to unlatch. Also the 4 way sticks on and I had to press the switch about 2 dozen timesfor it todisconect. Is there anything I can do to fix these problems or do I just need to purchase new switch assemblies?? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

There are a lot of posts from members with that same problem J.R. Some fixed it with WD40, others had to strip the switches. Use the Search box to trawl the posts up.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

I Jr Bow:waving:

I live in Quebec and when the temperature cooled, my 2003 switch my sticks too, whether its good that case, the heater with a hair dryer. Its all-plastic, cold plastic working a lot.
A little lubricant's Ok!

FlyBoy2121

jr bow wrote:
The cruise and reverse switches are not working properly. I can't get the cruise switch to stay on and sometimes have difficulty getting the reverse switch to unlatch. Also the 4 way sticks on and I had to press the switch about 2 dozen timesfor it todisconect. Is there anything I can do to fix these problems or do I just need to purchase new switch assemblies?? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the reply JDuggan. I did try both WD-40 and contact cleaner. Neither one worked. What is strip the switches?

Have a good day & a Happy Thanksgiving,

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

If cleaning the switches from the outside does not work then you have to take apart the switch assemblies and clean/lube them. Be careful taking the assemblies apart as there are small springs in the switch assembly that can fly across the garage and become lost.

Use a gallon size plastic freezer bag over the assembly as you are splitting the halves to prevent the springs from escaping.

Once you get the covers open you can clean the switches and lube the the sliding parts of the assemblies.

If that still does not restore the functionality to the switches then it is probably time to but the parts and repair the units.

Hope this helps, use the search function for the forum and you'll find a lot of stuff on how to get them apart and put them back together without loosing the small parts.

Henry

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the info. Hanko. I will try your suggestions and disassemble the switches

to clean and lube. Wish me luck.

Have a great Thanksgiving,

J.R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.