Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thanks for the help with the mystery noise to put my mind at ease. I want to install rear speakers in the back grills. Does Honda prewire the bike? What are the wires going into the trunk lid for? I noticed that the red one is always hot. What is the white wire? Also what is the best place to purchase a service manual? Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

Scope Down

BH

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

No the bike is not pre-wired from the factory.

You can purchase the wiring harness from places like wingstuff where you get the speakers and the harness plugs in under the seat. Some kits come with the speakers and the wire harness.

If you want a hard copy service manual Wingstuff again is a good place, they are like $70/80 dollars I think.
Kit

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hey Kit,

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I worded one of my questions incorrectly and probably confused you. I meant to ask what the red and white ( connectors) in the trunk were for. I'm assuming the red one is for the optional vanity mirror. Should the white one also have power and what is that one for. Have not taken the inside lid apart yet. Can only see the 2 connectors from the hole where wires enter box.

Scope Down

BH

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

It is for the lighted spoiler. The red one is for a vanity mirror or you can hook a power outlet to it.

Kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.