Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

2004 1800 GL replacing left side radiator and I have a connection for the fan and I don't know where it is mounted.

1K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  DaveO430 
#1 ·
Sensor is in my hand. Pictured here is the left side. I am trying to put things back together but I can't remember where this goes. Does anyone have any idea or suggestions. I am not going to go any further with this until I figure this out.

See less See more
#6 ·
I will find it again, the recall deals with the proportion control valve and the vin specific method for testing the PCV. My apologies for not having saved in my files. I was frustrated once I learned Honda would not honor this. My motorcycle vin was involved. The local dealership was most helpful. More information will follow.

#13 ·
"http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/leakage recall.pdf" the Recall for the proportional control valve that started my repair. 2002-2003- 2004 GL 1800 and 1800A models are affected . The top of the page reads service bulletin but in bold letters it is a safety recall. I remember traveling down root 66 and lost the rear brakes. I was able to complete the journey by using on the front brakes. Because the brakes are linked the PCV leaks and fluid blows by causing you to loose your back brake pressure. If the link won't work I found it by doing a google search for proportional control vavle. The form also has a place to apply for reimbursement. The valve cost me $260 normal delivery from Partzilla and my card was hacked immediately following the purchase.

#18 ·
Now - the latest update, I put things back together and I was able to get it started a couple of times but not since. It cranks but won't start. The picture shows the ecu that was lifted to remove the air box and replace the air filter. I was already that far. I am wondering about a wiring issue now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.