Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a lot about the anti-dive plunger not working properly on the 1800 Wings, so since I had the front fork apart to replace the fork seal I thought I should check it out at the same time.

Funny there is nothing in the service manual about checking it or servicing it. When I took it apart the plunger part that stops the fork oil from flowing was stuck in the closed position. This is more than likely what caused the seal to blow out. They are quite easy to disassemble and clean out, it seems to work fine now, time will tell. The one caution I would recommend is that since you are working with a part that contains both fork oil and brake fluid, be careful not to let the two fluids mix. It will destroy the O rings inside.
You have to either remove the fork from the bike or be prepared to refill it while installed. This can easily be done by jacking the bike enough to keep the front wheel off the ground while removing the fork cap.

·
Administrator
24,496 Posts
The brake fluid is only in the servo on top, no reason to open it to chance getting brake fluid in the forks.

·
Premium Member
58,762 Posts
Hallo jackyson

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Trike Master
1,219 Posts
Dumb question, I'm sure. but, as mentioned, the brake fluid is on the upper part of the ADV, which is on the outside of the left fork slider. How could this get into the fork or mix with the fork oil??????????????

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma Enjoy the wing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.