Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Went to start my goldwing after about 2 months of non use turned on ignition everything powered up fine hit the starter heard a pop and everything went out. fuses look good used a fuse tester they have power can enyone tell me my next move?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Start at the battery, may very well have corroded or a loose cable, make sure the cables are clean, tight and check to see if it has proper voltage. That is step one. Then check fuses with a meter, sometimes they look good but are not.

Kit

Then head for the starter relay next.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

Yeah, that sounds so like a battery. When everything went out. do you mean dead? Nothing, no lights, no horn?

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

schnider31 wrote:
Went to start my goldwing after about 2 months of non use turned on ignition everything powered up fine hit the starter heard a pop and everything went out. fuses look good used a fuse tester they have power can enyone tell me my next move?
"Pop" sounds very much like a fuse problem. Check the two 5 amp fuses marked "A" & "B" then the starter relays.

Wiring diagrams are an asset.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

If you've got a jumper cable, tie in to a car battery and see if anything changes. If not, then I'd really concentrate on loose connections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.