Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

An experience like this can really make you appreciate RadioShack. I was hopeful that I might be able to make the hookup between my xm radio/mp3 player and aux input. What I found out was that I needed this cable. This thing consists of a two pin connector a short length of cable and a 1/8" male jack. All of which are available at your local RadioShack w/exception of the Honda wiring connections. Anybody know where to second source these connectors? I know they are available somewhere! Honda can't be the sole user of these things.

So what if I have to buy a hundred to get two.... it's the principle, right?

Someone shine a little light up here, please!

Thanks guys, you really are invaluable sources :clapper:

Don

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

There was someone selling boxes of assorted connectors for 1800s on Ebay recently. Might have had to send him a message to see if the specific connector you want is included in the box of goodies.

Regargs to all,

John S

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

dat7 wrote:
An experience like this can really make you appreciate RadioShack. I was hopeful that I might be able to make the hookup between my xm radio/mp3 player and aux input. What I found out was that I needed this cable. This thing consists of a two pin connector a short length of cable and a 1/8" male jack. All of which are available at your local RadioShack w/exception of the Honda wiring connections. Anybody know where to second source these connectors? I know they are available somewhere! Honda can't be the sole user of these things.

So what if I have to buy a hundred to get two.... it's the principle, right?

Someone shine a little light up here, please!

Thanks guys, you really are invaluable sources :clapper:

Don
Don, that AUX cable is included with the bike. Look in the bag your manual is in, if its not there see your dealer for it as it comes with the bike. :waving:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Good tip, John! Thanks, as much stuff as I've bought off eBay I should've thought of them first.
:waving:
Don

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Globetrotter,
I bought my bike off eBay as a stolen recovery... guess that must've been one of the stolen things, huh? LOL
Actually, I couldn't have been more pleased with the condition of the bike. I gotta' tell ya' I was more than a little nervous before delivery. But after I got it I've discovered it was actually in pretty good shape! With only 15k miles and change it runs like a new one and I am so pleased its hard to keep the smile off my face!

:cool:

Don

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Les,

You guys are the best! :weightlifter:

Not much of a secret by now! Everyone knows why I love this forum. :clapper:

You guys know all the answers! I knew someone would know where to get these parts!

Thanks Les! :waving:

And thanks to the greatest GoldWing site on the net! ;)

Don

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

FitzAl,
Right you are! I must admit my ignorance on the subject. :stumped:
As you and others have done in the past, please enlighten me on the subject of Mana.
It's no secret that I am high on the merits of this forum as it's worth to me has been mentioned previously. :clapper:

This is not the first time you have given me a good pointer and I'm sure glad to be able to point that out also! Thanks for all that you do to make this site what it is... :cooler:

Those of us who come here in ignorance :doh: are given the benefit of all the others whose experience is invaluable and I'd be slingin' Mana like it was intended, if I only knew how. Just like the knowledge shared to enhance our GoldWing riding experiences, :18white: :band:
You also help us get the best of "The best danged GoldWing forum on the net", by helping us use the tools available to us here! :bananas: :hallo:

Thanks, FitzAl!

Don

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

FitzAl,
I was able to ed-u-kate myself... I read the forum FAQ's :weightlifter:

Thanks for prompting me!

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts