Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, i am trying to figure out what is wrong with my bike. any help would be greatly appreciated

i have 2004 goldwing. the digital screen stop working (speedometer and everything else works fine.) . when i first bought the bike the screen was not working, i put a new battery in it and it came on with no burned pixel or any problems. in the next couple weeks, it would come on sometimes and would not on other times, the battery is fully charged and i rode the bike for while and the screen is illuminated but no letters or numbers, just a blank screen. i removed the dash to see if there is any burned wires but i can not find anything.

any ideas what is going on. the bike sat for couple years before i bought it and it has only 8k miles on it. i could buy a new gauges, but i do not think that is my issue, the bike runs good and everything function including the radio.

what should i check ?

thanks

·
Administrator
24,677 Posts
Does the radio hold memory? Trunk remote work if you have it? CB work if it has it? Might check fuse #22.

·
Administrator
24,677 Posts
I think not.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You may get lucky and find that the connector from the LCD to the meter circuit board is corroded or just vibrated loose?

Or have to do what I did and replace the LCD display.

The good news is the Mileage memory is stored in the Meter circuit board.

So when you plug in a new LCD. The mileage will be correct for the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts