Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Sitting in my office over the last several months and not realy checking the owners book thouroughly I cant remember seeing how we can change the headlight bulbs when they go and also how do we change the front signal lights. I dont have a problem as yet but sure as anything they will blow. If this question is frivolous please let me have i twith both barrels or if it is not please give me some help.

Great forum boys and girls

Milt the Biker Boy

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Not frivulous questions at all, lots of people ask this. The trun signals are easy to do, just look up under the bottom of the mirror and you will see a hole with a phillips screw. Take out the screw and the mirror will pull out and allow you to get at the bulb.

The headlight bulbs are a bit harder. Remove the fairing pockets and you have access to the back of the headlights. Its a tight squeeze but you will be able to change the bulbs.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Ambrose is right. Also make sure you don't lose the spring clips taht hold the bulbs in place. They can fall into the bottomless pit that is the Honda fairing, never to see daylight again. And on top of all that the clips are not available on their own.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

The 1800 header bulbs seem to be the most awkard of all the wings. Pity really as everything else (air filter excepted) is easy enough.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
The 1800 header bulbs seem to be the most awkard of all the wings. Pity really as everything else (air filter excepted) is easy enough.
I wouldn't like to be replacing a whole headlamp Brian. Looks like an absolute nightmare.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

I think the fairing panels need removing to get the headlight out, also I think the headlight is in 2 parts, left and right sides.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

you can replace the bulbs without having to take the side pockets out - there is enough room to get your hand between the handlebar and the fairing - you have to do it blind but it can be done and should be no more than a 5 minute job - had experince of this in Spain with the good folks from Elite-Wings.

rgds

Phil

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Just don't lose the clip if you are doing it the blind way!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.