Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off . This is my first post in over 7 years . I just returned to the goldwing world with my dream bike. 16 yrs old but I've wanted it for as long.

Quick Rundown Guys.
  • 2005 110k miles
  • Rode well for the first 2 months then left fork started leaking.
  • Rebuilt once and leak returned.
  • Wife and I tip the scales at close to 500lbs

Changed seal twice to 2 different brands and changed fork weight 7-10-15 as well as installed progressive monotubes and left fork still leaked while right fork had no issues
Read something yesterday about the antidive causing problem so I disconnected and disabled it.
Fork no longer leaks and ride feels plush not as stiff as before.

My question is what could have happened to the antidive that made the ride feel stiff all the time and why is it causing the fork seal to leak.

I decided I will ride it this way for a while as it only lost a few ccs of oil and the monotube set up uses the oil just for lubrication. I don't want to change the seal again as this seal is new with only 23 miles on it.
Your Thoughts ?
Should I keep the antidive disabled?.
Is there a problem with the anti dive that I can repair ?

·
Administrator
27,754 Posts
Hey, I have been wondering about you. Glad to have you back. Did you examine the fork tube for damage? I had one with a long vertical scratch on it causing it to leak, had to replace the tube. With the Progressive mono tubes it doesn't need much oil and the anti-dive should be disabled with the mono tubes anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:unsure:
So it had to be disabled anyway. Good Deal.
It is all set then. Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been well. Thank you

·
Administrator
27,754 Posts
:unsure:
So it had to be disabled anyway. Good Deal.
It is all set then. Thank you
It didn't have to be disabled but they work better without it in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts