Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm new to the site and have not purchased a Wing yet, but am seriously looking at one as soon as I unload my HD. I am concerned about the frame recall issue. Are the 05's exempt? Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey xhdpilot :waving: You are very welcome to the forum. :clapper: As of now, '05 :18red:are not yet included, but that doesn't mean that they wont be recalled. :crying: It doesn't matter if Honda does recall them that wont affect the bike. :weightlifter: The important thing for you now, is to get rid of that HD. :whip:

:jumper: :18red: :jumper:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Now I see in this site that the Wings may be discontinued all together..??? Where do I go from here?? Have you heard this rumor also?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Honda has decided that 6 cylinders is 2 too many, and will go back to building classic 4 cylinder wings again. You read it here first...

Raymond

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

But this time they're only going to build copies of the 1986 SEI!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

There are no recalls for the 05's at the moment. The topic about Goldwings being discontinued was an April Fool joke as you must have read in the thread. The guy that wrote that one did the same last year. :)

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Actually Grouchomax, Honda have apparently stopped production of the GL1800 for the moment while they sort out the problems. They did this for a couple of months last year (or maybe 2003, can't remember) as well. For the moment it's a case of selling off existing inventory. :)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

xhdpilot wrote:
Now I see in this site that the Wings may be discontinued all together..??? Where do I go from here??
Hey xhdpilot :waving: Straight down to your Honda Stealer and buy yourself a nice :18red:ABS. :jumper:

:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

You guys are too much. I see I'm going to have a good time in this site!! Re:unloading the HD. It has been a good bike and we have enjoyed it. Alot of that has to do with a great dealership that I have close by.

But we drove a new Wing yesterday and I was floored how much nicer EVERYTHING was about it. So a '05 Silver ABS will grace the garage as soon as the HD goes out the door.:cheeky1:Thanks for all of your help.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

xhdpilot wrote:
You guys are too much. I see I'm going to have a good time in this site!!

But we drove a new Wing yesterday and I was floored how much nicer EVERYTHING was about it. So a '05 Silver ABS will grace the garage as soon as the HD goes out the door.
Hey xhdpilot :waving: Just to let you into a big secret on this forum, The Red :18red:is the fastest colour, :clapper:but having said that the new '05 Silver :18grey:is the next fastest. :clapper:So good luck with your new purchase :weightlifter: and get that HD out the door quickly and never to return. :whip:

:grinner: :18red: :grinner:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

no need to bash HD, I own two wings and an HD and frankly the sitting position is the most comfortable on the HD

Redwing. wrote:
[q :weightlifter: The important thing for you now, is to get rid of that HD. :whip:[/i][/b]

:jumper: :18red: :jumper:
[/quote]

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
I owna HD and frankly the sitting position is the most comfortable on the HD
[/i]

[/b]

Hey rcmatt007 :waving: Is that sitting on the HD whenyour waiting for someone to come along and help with your breakdown, :whip: or just sitting on the HD when it's in the garage. :whip:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:
[/quote]

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
I doubt if Redwing has ever had a HD!
Hey FitzAl :waving:You are right. :clapper:My neighbour had one, :crying:i think he called it a fatboy but he says never again. :whip:

:crying: :18red: :crying:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.