Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm 6'5" and just got my bike the other day. Is there any way to adjust the handlebars to a higher position?

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey RickH :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper: If you want to raise the handlebars these little gadgets willsolve your problem :weightlifter::clapper:http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=1465&str=4&ID=362292124 all for the big price of $14.88. :weightlifter:

You can read what other people thought of them as well. :jumper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Sorry about that. I don't want to raise them, but I would like to tilt them forward more. I had a 1978 Goldwing and all you had to do was loosen four bolts on the handlebars, and then you could tilt them to amore uprightpositon. Is there a way to do this?

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Thats exactly what the risers do. :clapper:Tilts them up and out.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Thats exactly what the risers do. :clapper:Tilts them up and out.

Not exactly, Redwing. The REG risers (and the newer MLB risers) move the handlebars UP and BACK slightly, while keeping the distance between the grips about the same.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Buzz Lightyear wrote:
Not exactly, Redwing. The REG risers (and the newer MLB risers) move the handlebars UP and BACK slightly, while keeping the distance between the grips about the same.
Hey Buzz Lightyear :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

I think thats what i told RickH :stumped: what you state above.

Attachments

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Hello RickHand welcome. :waving:

The Reg Risers are a compromise. All the older Goldwings had bars that could be adjusted forward or backward and it would have been nice to have this ability on the GL1800. People with long arms need to be able to push the bars forwards to the front of the bike and I guess the reverse applies to those with short arms.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

You can move the handlebars forward by drilling out the holes to 1/2" so that they will move forward slightly. You could use this in combo with the wedge type risers in order to get them a little higher as well. You can find a picture showing how to do this at:

http://www.rattlebars.com/chetswing/misc.html

Since you are tall, you might want to check the link in my signature. If any of these ideas interest you, I live in Duluth, GA and you could come over to check them out in person. That is...if you live in Marietta, GA.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

When you say "older bikes", would that include my '98model? I'd sure like a way to get the bars back closer to me, any suggestions will be appreciated.:)

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Krazbob you can adjust your bars a little by loosening the four allenscrews on your handle bar clamp. This will allow you to tilt the bars up or down which inturn brings them a bit closer or further away,Try it and see.:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

I must be one of the few people that would like the bars to be further forward!

On my GL1500 I was able to loosen the clamps as already described and move the bars forward. The trick is to make sure the left controller fo rthe audio doesn't quite touch the screen on full lock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.