Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 GL1800 with OEM heated seats & Handgrips.
They work good except after about 15 minutes both grips & seat shut off & wont re-start until the key is turned off & back on.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I have a 2006 GL1800 with OEM heated seats & Handgrips.
They work good except after about 15 minutes both grips & seat shut off & wont re-start until the key is turned off & back on.
This is common on the 1800s. There are many writen posts on this. Use the search on heated grips quit working.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I Have found that once the grips and seat start heating up, turn them down to 3 and they will stay on.. I believe they are temp controlled and will turn off if that temp is reached.

Try it.. Nothing to lose. :)

:18black:

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Usually the grip heaters are the problem, but in your case it sounds like the heat controller is bad.

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
The seat, nor the grips are temp controlled, nor is you failure mode a common problem!
There are some comments on several boards about Comfort System inops, etc.
These are very few of the thousands of Wings out there w/this system.
The usual failure mode seems to be the left grip. This seems to occur in the total system failures.
Intermittent shut down could be a heat controller malfunction.
Impossible to trouble shoot over the net!
There is a step by step trouble shooting section on the comfort system in the Honda service manual.
If you have the extended warranty, time spent at the dealer having the system checked out may be worth doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.