Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

03Silver wrote on the 20th Aug last ......
Not the best quality pictures but tyo can just about see the wider fairing lower panels (bigger radiators perhaps) in this picture that has been doing the rounds for a few days.

Ambrose.

Attached Image (viewed 717 times):

Hi all :waving:just got an e mail from a friend of mine in the states ,who says a friend of his works in a factory that is making moulds for the 2006 goldwing and he says it will be a 2000 cc with bigger air vents in the front ,,,I wonder were the pics posted here a few months ago of what we thought was the 2005 1800 in fact be the 2006 2000cc wing ?
:baffled:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Yeah and it will be automatic. :crying:I said that in one of my posts when i mentioned the rear clear lenses. :grinner:

:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I hope automatic is just an option ,,It would take all the fun out of biking ,:(:(Ciaran,

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

An automatic is kind of a mixed blessing. I enjoy stepping through the gears so wouldn't want one but in the longer run a torque convertor is probably easier on the drive train due to the inherent flexible coupling. Downside it would probably be heavier which definitely wouldn't be a plus. With the shifter gone you'd have to find something to do with that left foot. Motorcycles have always had something for each extremity to do.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
With the shifter gone you'd have to find something to do with that left foot. Motorcycles have always had something for each extremity to do.
You could always get a set of floor boards, and tap your toe to the beat of the music. Do half of a river dance kinda thing... Ok it's early and -30C here in Newmarket, the brain still not warmed up yet.:shock::shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

I for one would welcome an automatic. I get tired of shifting, gets my knees and hips having to twist my left left in towards the shifter all the time.

I am really hard pressed to see the need to up the displacement to 2000 cc's though. I mean enough is enough already! :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Rootman wrote:

I am really hard pressed to see the need to up the displacement to 2000 cc's though. I mean enough is enough already! :cheeky1:...........................................

Thats what we thought when the 1000 cc wing came out ,everbody was talking about a 1000cc and what was the need for it ..

:waving:,,cheers Ciaran:santawaving:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Thats what we thought when the 1000 cc wing came out ,everbody was talking about a 1000cc and what was the need for it ..
Kind of like when Bill Gates thought 640K memory is sufficient for any PC?

:18black:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

You have hit the nail on the head ,:clapper::clapper:,,well put ...cheers Ciaran:waving:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Yes I agree with Rootman. I personally though that 1520 wasmore than sufficient. The 1520 engine in the 1800 frame with the ABS & FI would have been still perfect. I still love my 1800, but teh new Wing for 2001 only needed the other stuff (lighter frame, ABS and FI) to drag it into the 21st century. Bigger engine would have been the last thing on my wish list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.