Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Is the picture real?

• I'm convinced, it's real.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not buying this picture, it's fake.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Im absolutely fascinated by the number of members on this forum who are fooled by this photo.
here, here! I guess after looking carefully at photographs since I was a teenager that 25 years later I recognize a fake photo quickly.

for the record, i think this bike was a studio shot transposed to this environment in front of a stone building. the highlights on the wheels, as I pointed out in an earlier message, would cast some shadow in that direction (background), which the photog would try to offset by a high and strong key light. The shadow is supposedly representing this key light - but the shadow is fake.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

The building in the background is real !

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Not being an expert, can someone explain if the bike was shot in another location and changed to that one (why even do that instead of shooting it there in the first place?) then how come you can see the ground of that place reflected in the chrome side panel, and also you can see clearly the bricks of the wall through the windshield?
I'm just fascinated at this technology. :)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Yes indeed Ambrose, it seems like too much trouble for a fake. Over 20 changes, that musta took some time to do if it is faked. I agree with Steve about the gear light, I'm a bike mechanic and I can't figure out how the gear light will work and not be stuck on displaying 3rd. Of course Honda have a habit of coming up with new novel ideas that often have the rest of us stumped.

The bit about the paving slabs and the buiding lookinglike UKlocationis irrelevant. The picture could have been taken anywhere and just passed to a Japanese site. Whoever passed it to the Japanese site could just as easily passed it to a US orSouth African one if they wanted to.
In fact if I was a hoaxer and I wanted the maximum coverage (which a hoaker would want after all his hard work on the image), I'd have sent this straight to one of the GL1800 owners boards and right into the maximum number of GL1800 owners as they would be the most interested in this.:?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
imported post

This happens every year .Every one gets excited then honda give us the same bike with a new problem and higher price tag. SorryI forgot the badge.(last years model):(

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
imported post

Hey acr12nwk :waving: Welcome to the forum. :clapper:Yeah we all know that the :18red:looks real. The question we all want answered, Is this the spec for the2006 model. :stumped:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Hi and welcome to the forum acr12nwk. Sure does look like the genuine article. And the best thing of all is (not even GPS) that RED is back.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Budegan wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum acr12nwk. Sure does look like the genuine article. And the best thing of all is (not even GPS) that RED is back.
You haven't changed at all since the old days Martin, getting all worked up over nothing. It's the gear light that kills this for me. I've asked a few mechanics (bike and car) about this and they can't see that setup working, so it's a big thumbs-down from me (must try and get a thumbs-down smilie).

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

I find it hard to believe that Honda would allow a pic to get out prior to any kind of promotion. And I may have missed something, but I thought there were rumors going around that Honda was discontinuing the 1800 Goldwing.

Nice looking wing, but I'm not convinced

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
imported post

I think its a fake, or at the very least, retouched/assembled. I am not a photo expert, but if you look closely, you see all the body shadow on the bikes right side, but the sidestand shadow to the left at a different angle.

Still looks fabulous though!!!

Grant

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

firefighter61 wrote:
I find it hard to believe that Honda would allow a pic to get out prior to any kind of promotion...
Good point, I'd forgotten about that. Honda are about the best at keeping secrets, they managed to keep the lid on announcements about all the Goldwing models to date. The chances of a few photo's managing to make a bid for freedom from Honda are very slim.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
imported post

tjshelton wrote:
I think it's real...
Hey tjshelton :waving:Welcome to the forum :clapper:I dont think your right. :stumped:

:jumper::18red::jumper:

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
imported post

I just opened the picture in Photoshop CS. I did some rudementary checking on the image. My findings are:

1. The front fender scoops have been filled - not even very good. The hacker could have used a better color choice. It's easy to see if you blow up the image.

2. The image is transposed onto the back ground. The blur tool was used to blur the shadow to make it look like it should be there. But with that intense a sun to over ride the flash, the edges would have been much sharper.

3. Did some edge filter enhancements and it brings out other areas he blurred on purpose. Just to make it look more cut in, rather than what it really is.

It's a great job, done by a real pro. Would cost in the neighborhood of $2k in my neck of the woods.

Wish Honda would put out spec pictures to get our opinion before hand. But like always - we are MUSHROOMS guys. Keep us in the dark and feed us horse sh*t! I do love my '05 GL1800, just not happy with the way Honda treats us. We are a nitch rider, riding a nitch bike. Say, what ever happened to Arial? Weren't they a nitch bike for nitch riders? Maybe we've all moved on to Goldwings? Hmm..... just MTCW.

John

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

why would you need a GPS indicator light? When it's on, it's on; you don't needa separate light to tell you. Having a GPS light makes as much sense as adding a "radio" light--- the lcd already shows you, so a light is superfluous.

Also, the gps display is faked--- it shows a whole block highlighted, instead of the streets. It's a gps display faked by someone who doesn't use a gps, but has a vague idea of how they work...

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

Uh yea, ok. I guess Honda is putting on aftermarket parts also???
I hope you folks that think this picture is real come by my place this summer. I'd like to sell you my interest in a bridge in NYC area :D:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Newfiewinger wrote:
I think its a fake, or at the very least, retouched/assembled. I am not a photo expert, but if you look closely, you see all the body shadow on the bikes right side, but the sidestand shadow to the left at a different angle.
Actually the sidestand shadow is at the proper angle, think about it. That chrome garnish is a Honda one, smooth finish and a Honda badge. Rotor covers look like Honda, not sure about the rest as it's impossible to say from a low res picture. I'd really like to see a better quality picture just for the sake of it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
imported post

Hey fred_langa :waving: Welcome to the forum. :waving:Make sure and vote on the poll thread. :clapper:
:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.