Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Just finished my 8th 1800 trike build and for the first time i seem to be having speedo issues. 30mph is showing as 40 and 50 is 65. Is there anything i can do to correct this. Tried with a much bigger tyre and no change.
Cheers,Bash

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,188 Posts
Is there anything different about the 3rd member gear ratio from this one, and the other ones?
You probably are aware the 1800 gets the speed info from the output shaft.

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
294 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,188 Posts
12 oClock Labs Speedometer Calibrator comes to mind.
I just looked at that link, and I am impressed with the product.
cheaper than SpeedOhealer and easy to calibrate

just might order one of those gadgets, my Speedometer is off by 7 mph, have been just using the GPS to set the cruise control.

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
294 Posts
I just looked at that link, and I am impressed with the product.
cheaper than SpeedOhealer and easy to calibrate

just might order one of those gadgets, my Speedometer is off by 7 mph, have been just using the GPS to set the cruise control.
It's a very good item. I just installed one today. I had one years ago on a 2003. I'm very happy with them.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can't get any easier to calibrate than it is with a Speedohealer. You can download their App, then go for a ride to compare what the GPS says relative to the speedometer. Go to the app, put in what the speedo reads and what it's supposed to read per the GPS. The app will tell you immediately the adjustment to make, I've used it numerous times and can take it down to zero error....which I don't recommend. For a rather heavy handed buddy I left in a 5mph error on the fast side, figure I've saved him some $$ by preventing getting a "performance reward." ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts