Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

"I am in a business trip so I have a signed contract with BLS( http://www.best-logistic-support.com ) and they will intermediate everything( delivery, bill of sale , papers). I know you do not want to buy without testing so it will be left with you for 5 days. In this time you can take it to a mechanic for an inspection and do any other tests you may want. After the 5 days inspection period is over and you decide to keep it the shipping company will transfer the title to your name , you will sign all the papers , and it will be legally yours.
If you agree please get back to me with your shipping address and I will forward all the details to BLS .Thank you for your time and interest. Whatever you decide I wish you good luck."

This is the sellers response to my request for more info to 2006 Goldwing no price, and when asked for a price, came back with $5000 and the above.

A bit fishy!!!

Comment please.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

yes.. scammy sounding

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

Run away, sounds like a scam to me.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

It is a scam and itis the usual MO for this type of scam. They try to make it sound as safe as possible for you, but what he's not saying is he will require payment first, before he "ships" the bike to you. Guess what, there is no bike to ship. Wanna prove it, try to arrange to see it in person before it ships, either by having a "friend" who lives in the area see it, or because you will bein the area. ;) You will find they won't allow you to see it. There will be some excuse as to why not. This scam is very common and you will see it on Craigs List and other free classifieds all the time.

John

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Sounds too good to be true. Whats the old saying "buyer beware"

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
imported post

Better yet, ask the seller for the contract number and confirm with BLS, then require the money to be held in escrow for the 5 days.

or just laugh and go on to the next listing :)

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

I'm a 100% positive it is a scam.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
imported post

SCAM!

Just did a google search on all aspects of the logistics name and drew a blank.

Run away quick! MAYBE DROP A LINE TO WHO IT IS LISTED ON THAT IT IS A SCAM.

·
Pwhoever
3,160 Posts
imported post

FWIW, the contact details show the BLS company listed with an address in 57 Scranton Road, San Diego which doesn't seem to exist. Under a whois search of the web address: http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=best-logistic-support&tld=com
It is registered to a private individual at a P.O. Box in Emeryville CA which is quite a distance from San Diego. If it was a real corporation, it would be registered to the business address and the phone number would be legit. If you do a google check of the phone # provided under whois
+1.5105952002
nothing but scams pop up.

Same thing with: P O Box 99800 Emeryville
google search shows nothing but scams

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

I just saw a guy today who was riding a 2002 Orange 1800, who happened to be filling his tank (as I was) with $1.61 gas at the Walmart. It turns out that he worked for one of the local Honda dealers (Al Lamb) and this 1800 was a dealer bike. They are going to sell it for around $12,000.

This $6,000 bike definately smells of scam.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
FWIW, the contact details show the BLS company listed with an address in 57 Scranton Road, San Diego which doesn't seem to exist. Under a whois search of the web address: http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=best-logistic-support&tld=com
It is registered to a private individual at a P.O. Box in Emeryville CA which is quite a distance from San Diego. If it was a real corporation, it would be registered to the business address and the phone number would be legit. If you do a google check of the phone # provided under whois
+1.5105952002
nothing but scams pop up.

Same thing with: P O Box 99800 Emeryville
google search shows nothing but scams
Surprise surprise. NOT!

John

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks for the replies

I thought it a scam and left well enough alone, but this guy sounds hungry, so he set his bait again,, but no takers here.

Great to have a community willing to help.

Regards

Al K:cool:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

If you're lucky you might get something like the one ChiefCherokee got for that kind of money:
http://tinyurl.com/5pkauy
Congrats Chief on your new to you bike! I guess I'll have to get one in green to match my skin color when I finally move up to the 6.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

Scam, scam, scam, scam, scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam,scam, scam, scam, scam.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

This type of scam is all over the internet. Ebay and Craigslist. Anywhere they can hopefully hook someone with a better then life deal. Oh well, glad you check it out before you sent money. Too many folk are sending the money and then finding out the truth.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,641 Posts
imported post

A while back, I posted on here about my fun with 3 or 4 of those guys.

everytime I wanted to see the bike in person, it suddenly was warehoused 3,000 miles in the other direction. Then when I said "Hey! That's great, my daughter lives about 5 miles from there, she will be right over."

that's when they quit replying to the emails.

A$$holes all the way, everytime.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

oh thats one of those nigerian bikes

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

oh thats one of those nigerian bikes..layin in a ditch that the guy has sold 18 times already

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.