Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
25,352 Posts
No difference in the frame so it should fit.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
442 Posts
No difference in the frame so it should fit.
Correct. The frame is the same but the rear center part of the fender extends out further. I have a Bushtec on my 2012 that came from my 2004. The hitch was the same, but I had to buy the longer bar. This is what I had to buy:

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
442 Posts
That's for the Add On hitch. If he has a Bushtec, this will not work. Doesn't have the rise on the end and the socket on the Bushtec is slightly smaller.

First thing is to determine what hitch he has.

·
Read Only
136 Posts
That's for the Add On hitch. If he has a Bushtec, this will not work. Doesn't have the rise on the end and the socket on the Bushtec is slightly smaller.

First thing is to determine what hitch he has.
Yeah. asking a blanket hitch question without a brand name, just doesn't help us help him!!

BTW- Bushtec does make the longer flat bar.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Yeah. asking a blanket hitch question without a brand name, just doesn't help us help him!!

BTW- Bushtec does make the longer flat bar.

View attachment 321572
The above is for a 2018-2020 GL1800.
The below picture of the 2012 - 2017 Bushtec Hitch.
Bushtec Hitch.jpg
Similar but not the same. Great hitch by the way.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
442 Posts
Well, without knowing what hitch he has, there's no way to help. If he would at least post a picture it would help.
The Bushtec hitch will fit 2001-2017. Only the bar is different. Bushtec does sell the bar for the 2012+. Same design as the older models, except longer.

·
Read Only
136 Posts
The above is for a 2018-2020 GL1800.
The below picture of the 2012 - 2017 Bushtec Hitch.
View attachment 321574
Similar but not the same. Great hitch by the way.
ROTFLMFAO. You're kidding right??

The part that went over your head.Is Bushtec sells the longer bar he will need. HE ALREADY HAS THE HITCH!! LOL

Nevertheless. the guy probably will never be back here anyways..LOL

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
ROTFLMFAO. You're kidding right??

The part that went over your head.Is Bushtec sells the longer bar he will need. HE ALREADY HAS THE HITCH!! LOL

Nevertheless. the guy probably will never be back here anyways..LOL
The draw bar and the hitch in the picture you submitted is the wrong one.

·
Read Only
136 Posts
The draw bar and the hitch in the picture you submitted is the wrong one.
YOU & everyone else Brought up Bush-crap.(I wouldn't take their stuff for free- After John Preston sold the business)

The OP never mentioned the brand he has did he??!!

That said.

As long as the bar extends past the 12 up fender. any brand of vertical draw bar, will fit in any brand of hitch receiver.

Any Goldwing mechanic knows that!

Below is from Add on.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys I appreciate the feed back. As far as what hitch I have on the 07 I have all that stuff on my email which is locked up and verizon can't help due to the virus BS. It sounds like it will fit based on your feed back and all I'll need is a longer drawbar............I guess.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
442 Posts
YOU & everyone else Brought up Bush-crap.(I wouldn't take their stuff for free- After John Preston sold the business)

That said.

As long as the bar extends past the 12 up fender. any brand of vertical draw bar, will fit in any brand of hitch receiver.

Below is from Add on.

View attachment 321580

View attachment 321581

That said.

Below is from Add on.

View attachment 321580

View attachment 321581
Don't be so sure that all will fit. The Bushtec uses a slightly smaller vertical shank than the others. I have a Kuryakyn drawbar that will not fit into my Bushtec hitch. Plus the Bushtec has about a 1 inch rise on the bar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts