Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2007 GL1800 PA I have generous volume through normal speakers. But, when I switch to headsets, I can barely hear the radio until I max out the volume. CB works very well on both speakers and head set. I use same helmet when on my 99 GL 1500SE and no problems hearing either speakers or headsets, so it is not helmet or speaker placement. The GL 1500's have a volume adjustment inside the radio that can add a bit of volume for both if needed. Is this possible on the GL1800 also??? Is there some kind of adjustment for the headset volume???

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
Headset volume is adjusted with the same switches as the speakers.

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Registered
108 Posts
When in headset mode, 🎧, run through your switches playing with all of them. I’ll bet you have something adjusted to whisper🤫. Mute button? I think mine stays muted whether in headset or speaker position.

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
Make sure the symbol for headset is showing on the display, push the audio button to change it, Push the volume button on the radio until you see 'auto volume headset' & see if it's off, then turn it to low or high. Been a while since I have used a wired headset so don't remember everything.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,152 Posts
I use a wired headset.

the Icon for the feature MUST be showing in the LCD screen, or the controls will have no effect at all.

e.g., CB must be showing in the LCD screen,
likewise for the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts