Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I can't comment on prices in your area, but the 8k service only comprises new oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs and a cursory glance around the Wing to see if anything is loose.

·
Administrator
27,770 Posts
imported post

Air filter and spark plugs at 8,000 miles! They will easily go 3 to 4 times that far and Honda does not recommend the air filter until 12,000 and the plugs at 16,000 and both are way overkill.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

I agree with Dave that Honda's schedule is overkill. :shock:At 8000 miles I would expect only draining of the crankcase breather tube.:?The first oil change should of been at 4000 miles and thenthe next one at12,000 miles. All the other maintenance on the Honda schedule at 8000 miles is an inspection only.:cool: I changed my air filter and plugs at the required milage. Both look good to me. The air filter had like one spot on dirt on it and the plugs other than being discolored from use showed no sign of wear. But I did it to avoid any warranty issues should they arise. Plugs and oil/oil filter are easy to change. The air filter takes a little more effort. If you are changing the air filter for your first time you better allow most of the day for it. And a service manual takes alot of the guess work out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.