Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone installed one of these on their GL1800? Where did you locate it? Any install tips? I have the HON-4 Harness as well to plug in. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

No........but if you will read the instructions and tell me where it says to plug the plug and play harness into, I can tell you where to find it and how to get to the pin connectors. I tried to find them on their website, but they do not show installation instructions for public viewing.

Kit

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Here are some pics they provided. I'm guessing this is under the seat? I have never removed the seat before. But have seen instructions on how. Do you recognize the locations. First picture included.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Yes all that is under the seat. It will be very easy to tell and interpret once you have the seat off.

The only thing I see wrong in the photo is they have routed the wires over the frame cross bar. The should go under it to prevent the seat pressure from damaging them.

Kit

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,202 Posts
imported post

I suspicion they showed them over the cross bar for clarity as to which harness to plug into.

But, they should have put in a warning that the harness must be below the cross bar or damage will result when the seat depresses down onto the cross bar.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Kit,

Thanks for the help!!!..got it installed and working. Only down side I can tell that the alarm being under the seat of the wing, cuts the siren volume down it seems by half. Not sure where anyone else mounts theirs, but mine is at the very back against the passenger wall centered. Could not figure a better place that would not get smashed by me or passenger.!!!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Well not knowing much about the actual unit , and it would depend on if the siren is waterproof. But you could run it out from under and back of the seat(extend the wire if need be) and using good industrial velcro secure it under one of the rear storage pockets, just enough room maybe? would fit up under there and not be visible and you would get full volume. There is a little room up under the pocket boxes between how they are molded and the saddle bags .

Just a thought.

Kit

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

That's a thought! I will investigate further and will inquire other wingers as well and see what they have done. It is pretty small but everything connects by module into the unit...could be a little cumbersome even though the unit is realativly small. One guy on youtube that has one on a goldwing, said he put his just above the left radiator. ?:shock:

Seemed like a odd spot. Not sure if it would feel comfy there..:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.