Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
imported post

It sure does look like a Harley, and a spare engine to boot?

Hmmm, what are they saying? That the original engine isn't any good?

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Does that mean you are looking?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

We sell an identical one here ,they are actually copies of Yamaha virago 250 cc .good little bikes :D

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Ahh but do you include the spare engine :baffled: - just in case??? :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

It looks like a Harley...in the fact that it's black, and it has 2 wheels, and a set of handlebars, and a seat....

I don't understand the need for a spare engine when there are only 600 miles on it (Harley's don't even shake apart THAT fast), but hey...maybe he's a Boy Scout?

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I'd MUCH rather have a Virago. At least they've been tested for well over ten years.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Within my massive fleet of bikes I have 2 that have been repowered with Chinese engines, a Z50 and an XR200.

Both engines have been absolutely flawless. My oldest daughter rode a whole enduro season on the XR {2nd place!} I now use the XR for trail marking/inspection duties. since I only have about $300 in the bike, I flog it relentlessly with the expressed purpose of trying to break it.

I have failed. The bike that surround them are crappy {but getting better}, but my opinion of the engines is high.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Here is the one we sell ,exact copy of a yamaha virago ,All the parts fit exact and the gaskets etc etc .. and so far we have had none back with any problems ,So the chinese quality is getting better all the time ,Ciaran

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
imported post

Ciaran,

If it is an exact copy of the Virago, what is Yamaha doing about the obvious patent infringement ??

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

They finished making the virago and sold on the plant to china :D

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

According to my web search, here in the USA the MSRP is the same as the tried & true Honda Rebel, about $3400.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Nomad wrote:
According to my web search, here in the USA the MSRP is the same as the tried & true Honda Rebel, about $3400.

You are comparing the price of a bike in Europe to one in the USA ,, not a fair comparison .. A goldwing 1800 in the USA is around the $17000 ,here in Ireland it is around $34000 ,A Honda rebel here when they were new was around $8000 and the chinese are around half that ,, Ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

if it doesn't ,I will paint it for ya :D:D:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.