Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a shop manual for my '08 GL1800. I see the Clymers all day long and they are reasonably priced. The service manual that Honda prints runs around $70 but I cannot seem to find any reliable sources for them.

Does anyone have the Clymer manual and if so, is it sufficient. I'm also going to be ordering the Angelride DVD's.

I'm willing to buy someone's used manual if they no longer need it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

welcome to the forum Imnotlost. I purchased my Honda manual for my 1200 at

www.helminc.com , they list several different manuals depending how much info you require,Hope this helps john

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

I have an '08 also and I downloaded the '05 service manual. I think it is pretty much the same. There is a link to it somewhere on this site. It is large and has 750+ pages. Also over on the gl1800riders.com site Fred's Video's sets are very handy and useful.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks all. I unknowingly reposted on this subject. I'm going with the Honda manual, and maybe download the '05 pdf version just for reading at the computer. I'll also order the Angelvideo DVD's at some point.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

Be careful with the '05 on an '08, there are some subtle changes which could cost you if you try to do it the 05 way.

The well known one is the speaker grilles, but there are others.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

It's Helms for me, as I do all my own work. I posted to another thread re this subject.

Expensive, yes but so is your 1800.

Longboater,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.