Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently installed an air filter on my bike. After doing so I noticed I had no sound from my rear speakers, I checked fader on radio first .....so I was thinking I left a connector unplugged . So I took it back down to fine nothing. I call myself checking all the pins in all the connectors none of them appear to be bent and they are all plugged in tight..I ohm out the speakers their good ......now I have my bike tore down and want to fix this before I reinstall everything ..because it is a lengthy process.. If anyone has any idea I would be very thankful for the help..sometimes I plug my iPhone 4 in for music could it be that this damaged my radio internally and I am just noticing it??

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello Bentley and Welcome to the forums . If you will post your question in the Technical forum you will have much more response . Posibly a moderator will move this for you . Enjoy the forums and visit often .

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
imported post

Welcome to your forum Bentley, lots of fine folks here to help you resolve your problems.

I will move this to the tech forum.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Welcome Bentley! Plenty of help here it may take a moment but someone will be able to help.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

Check the fader settings again Bentley, they tend to reset to factory settings (front speakers) whenever you unplug the radio.

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome bentley1[/align]

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for the help and the big welcome.....

I have went back and forth trying pluging unpluging checking fader I worked for a solid day last week before coming to forum for help....... the wiring diagram appears to show wires going from plug under radio straight to rear speakers with one connector kinda at back under seat ...... no other motorcycle in the world has this many wires...... still no luck and running out of time wanna go to district rally in week and half ....I suppose I could check for DC voltage on wires coming out of radio going to speakers..but I feel like it's somewhere else. that's not an easy tasks but then again nothing about installing an air filter on a goldwing is easy......please continue input thanks

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
imported post

Have you checked all the modes, AM, FM, AUX, CD, WB, XM to see if the rear speakers are out in all of them?

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

Need to know what year as 2006 and newer wiring for speakers comes from amplifier in rear. Older 1800 wiring comes from audio unit up front. iPhone plugged into aux has nothing to do with it.

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

OK, I got it, 2008 or 9, DUH. If it is not the plug, snapped in on both sides, at the audio unit, then it is possibly the amp. We have only seen one of these with the rear speaker amp IC bad and Jeff thinks the dealer that sent it in found a wire that was chaffed under the seat caused the problem.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

I am sure that the wire connectors under radiounitare snapped in because i have tried it 4 times and i hear it....now as for as the amp i will have to check that ..i looked at every wire on bike and every connector all looked good I will check some more tonight and get back thanks...I purchased the last two 1995'magenta 3/4 helmets from yall at Ms Gulf coast rally

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

If you are sure you had sound from the rear spkrs. before you changed the air filter , go back to the scene of the crime and recheck everything you did at that location. Check all connections you might have disturbed while changing the filter etc. Check the connections/wiring carefully , look for any green corrosion , pull on the wires etc.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I have done that I am hoping to try again tomorrow afternoon but as of now I have found nothing.the bike is an 08' but suppose 09'is the same thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Double check the wiring harness comming forward from the amplifier. it is a large cable under the seat (that was removed to get the shelter off) that comes forward between the frame & the plastic fender liner thing-ee right about where the passengers right butt cheek would sit. Good luck

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.