Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Dear friends, as a good number of you know I am going to participate in the 2009 lawride in Washington D.C. on Sunday, May 10th this is part of National Police Week honoring Law Enforcement Officers that have lost their lives nationwide. I have about 8 other people that have chosen to ride from the Birmingham Alabama as well we also have a “Toy Hauler” camper that is following us up in order to provide support. We will leave on Thursday May 7th and return will be up to the rider I will possibly be staying for the run for the wall the next week. What I am asking here today is anyone interested in joining up with us along the route or starting here in the Magic City with us. I have further information available to those interested in riding for the cause. There is no entry fee and the actual ride will be from RFK stadium to Judiciary Square and will be let by D.C. Metro Police motor scouts and by other uniformed officers from around the country. If you have not had the opportunity to witness or be a part of Police Week before, I promise you it is a very moving and special heartfelt time, I assure you that even the most hardened man will have a tear at least once during the week. This year I have the honor of riding for a dear friend Pell City Police Officer Greg Surles E.O.W. 07/04/2008. Please consider joining me in honoring him and all Peace Officers who lost their lives last year to protecting mine. Please contact me through the site or [email protected], thank you all!

James L. “Buck” Jones

Links for reference:
www.lawride.com Lawride official website
www.nleomf.com National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
www.pellcitypolice.org Pell City Police Department’s official site

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

I/we can't make this ride but I do want to wish you all who will be riding a safe ride out and back. This sounds like a very honorable thing and thanks to everyone who is partaking in this event.

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Well, if they're doing it this year then they need to update their info about it on their website. Last ride info they have on their site is for 2008.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

check out the nleomf site and fyi its always on mothers day and follows the same route. Thanks Ray your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Strethawk,
That is a very honerable ride. I wish and pray for all a safe ride.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I understand Bashful trust me oh how I do

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

wish i could make it but i can't i'll ride in spirit be safe. hows new bike going:action:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks Mech the bike is doing great did a 350 mile ride just today im still in love with her!!! be safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.