Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

2010 CLASSIC WING SIG GET TOGETHER BALTIMORE, ONTARIO, CANADA (near Peterborough/Trenton) August 20th -22nd

For current, past and future owners of 4 cylinder Gold Wing motorcycles, other makes of bikes are also welcome.

Howdy folks, I’m here to invite you out to Classic Wing 2010 taking place in Baltimore, Ontario, Canada (GPS co-ordinates Latitude: 44° 5'30.21"N Longitude: 78°11'4.92"W) on August 21st and 22nd. As always, all Gold Wings and other bikes are welcome but the star of the event will be the 4 cylinder Wings.

There is plenty of no cost room for campers so bring your trailers and tents and feel free to arrive on Friday afternoon August 20th and leave your tent set up until the morning of August 23rd.

On Friday night there will be coffee, tea, cold drinks and snacks available and on Saturday morning 8:30 AM we will ride out for breakfast at a local establishment(Rhino's Roadhouse, 5078 Rice Lake Drive, Bewdley, (905) 797-2744) that has great prices as well as great food and loads of fun talk. After breakfast we would head back to the site where we would pick up anyone that did not make breakfast and then head out to Trenton to tour the aircraft museum and ride to lunch afterward. After lunch we would head back to the site and spend some time helping folks repair small problems with their bikes in the shop which is equipped with manuals, tools and loads of experience to get just about any small problem resolved.

At 6:00 PM Saturday supper will be served compliments of [url]http://www.gl1200goldwings.com[/url] and the evening will be open for talk, fixing bikes, playing bike games and social drinking but only if you hand in the keys for your bike for the night as we don’t want anyone riding off the property with alcohol in their systems. Drinks are BYOB (bring your own booze) Lights out at 11:00 PM because we need to be up early Sunday and in good shape for the Advanced Riders Course put on by G.W.R.R.A. This is an 8 hour course with 4 hours in the classroom and 4 hours on the asphalt. This course must be paid for in advance and you must be a member of G.W.R.R.A. to participate. Get in touch with me directly if you want to participate in this course, Vic at [email protected] and I will get you signed up for membership in G.W.R.R.A. and the course. I took this course last year and I can vouch that it has made me a better motorcycle driver. There is a minimum number of participants required for the course and unless the minimum is met the course will be cancelled.
On Sunday morning those registered will attend the course and the rest can go touring around the beautiful countryside with the tour group leader and we will all meet back up at 5:00 PM at a nice restaurant for a feast of a dinner. Afterwards, we head back to the site to gab, relax and get ready for the ride home the next morning.

There are hotels and motels and bed and breakfasts within 15 minutes of the event site with rates from $50. to $300. depending on what you like. Names, addresses and phone numbers for these places will be posted shortly for your convenience.

The owners of the property, Lane and Fay Dougall, in exchange for the free use of their property, only ask that everyone have a good time and that they keep a respectable level of common sense about them while they are on the property and on the rides.

If you need more detail about this event please contact Vic at [email protected]

Limited spots available so please contact me to register: [email protected]. Looking forward to seeing you there.

The following link will help with driving directions:
[url]http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 14&layer=t[/url]

Vic Belanger, G.W.R.R.A. Classic Wing SIG rep. for Ontario, Canada

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

Hello Vic. I'll be there for Saturday meeting up with breakfast. I'll bring my carb sync tool for you too use. I can't stay long in the afternoon. Tony:action:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.