Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is very randon...and rare, but every once in a while my in-tank pumps makes this funny sound that almost sounds like its grinding up sand....hard to explain just what it sounds like...sort of a cross between the sound of it grinding sand and a pump that is running near dry and sucking half and half air and fuel. HOWEVER it does it even when the tank is " FULL "....! Most often it seems to happen when the tank is between 1/4 to 3/4 full. As I said its randon...and rare...but makes a interesting sound.

Bike is NEW, I bought it new with ZERO on the clock about 8 months ago now. It did this once within the first month I have had it...and has done it a number of time after, but you never know when it will do it...

As soon as you turn the key...even before you hit the start button...the pump does this...for a few seconds then stops...the sound stops that is. Bike starts up just fine everytime. Anyone else have this sound....if so...what is it...?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Isn't it under warranty?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

This is my first gold wing...trying to figure out if this is one of those normal things...or if I have a problem starting to take place. Never heard a pump sound like this before....well not one that healthy...! So do not want to take in for something that is...sort of normal...if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

This is my first gold wing...trying to figure out if this is one of those normal things...or if I have a problem starting to take place. Never heard a pump sound like this before....well not one that healthy...! So do not want to take in for something that is...sort of normal...if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

For a few seconds as soon as you turn the key, would be your pump pressurizing the fuel system. Bet the sound stops just as the FI light goes off? As for the severity of the sound, only you can determine that here, though you might take a trip to a dealer and just for kicks turn the key on one of the shownroom floor models to compare the noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.