Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found my right rear speaker is out. I removed the 3 screws underneath trying to get it out but it didn't work. Can anyone help?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
There is 1 more screw inside the trunk.
Most likely is you have a cut speaker wire at the hinge point, if they get routed wrong and not checked closely they get pinched in the hinge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
rear speaker

I just changed mine last week. You have to drop the cover on the trunk lid under side. There are about 10-12 screws to take off. A real pain just to get to one screw on each side. Good luck

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I just changed mine last week. You have to drop the cover on the trunk lid under side. There are about 10-12 screws to take off. A real pain just to get to one screw on each side. Good luck
+1...I've swapped out a couple and I agree. Also watch the length of the tapping screws you remove. As I recall there's a couple different. Never happened to me but I've heard horror stories about using too long a screw in the wrong place and find it 'jutting' out of the trunk cover.

·
1,819 Posts
As "newday777" says , your problem is most likely a broken electrical wire in the hinge area .(those wires last much longer if you stop open and close the lid !) LOL

·
Premium Member
67,740 Posts
If it's a broken wire, and you're still under warranty it's covered

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
+1...I've swapped out a couple and I agree. Also watch the length of the tapping screws you remove. As I recall there's a couple different..
Yes there is one longer screw each side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.