Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I plan on keeping my 05 wing for life. But this tells me that the resale price for my wing should be pretty strong.:action:

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

Wow just Wow is about all I can say. I'm glad I got what I did when I did. It maybe an 02 but it's got less than 5k and it's like brand new. Best of all I got a good price and it's sitting in my garage where it will be for a long time. That is of course unless I'm riding it :p

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
imported post

I think they may be in trouble with the prices. There are still hundreds of 08 models for sale. Starting around $16,500.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Is the import tax forcing it that high? E-YOW!

OR...does Japan think it has that type of bike monopolised. The Beemer is similar butreally not even close.

My guess is Honda will milk it for all it's worth, I'll never pay that price... unless LOTTO came my way.

I'd still like to see an American Wing built, different name & style of course.

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

$26,999 is the MSRP for a 2009 air bag model.

The 2010 air bag model actually lists for $27,999.

2010 Honda

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

$27K?! WhollySheeshKahMollyKabobs!

Someone pricing Wings as a Ferrari or a Countach?

Whenever I seen businesses in trouble, they always raise their prices. 95+% of the timethey soon go "out of business".

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Yeah but you get Sat radio with this one. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
imported post

They are made in the good ol' US of A. Shouldn't be any import tax. As has been said...my 1999 Aspy has just become very valuable! With only 45,000 on it, I should have it for the duration of my riding years!

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

My 84 1200 will have to last me a long time at those prices. Thought of moving up one day but.................... Ride safe everyone:action::action:

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

I guess it's inflation, the prices aren't really going up as much as our US Dollar is going down and things are getting much more expensive.

In 2 years time we could be hit with hyperinflation, Goldwings will be priced at $36,000 to $40,000.

The mindset that because our economy is bad should dictate lower prices is not realistic.
As the factories produce less, products will come in short supply.

Anybody digging up their backyard yet, to start growing your own fruits and veggies, soon we may have a food shortage :(:(:(

But, the good news is .................................. well, than there is .................. oh well I'm alive and happy.

Life is Good.:) Can't have a party everyday.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

I'm betting that you will see quite a few of them still sitting on the showroom floors come 2011.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

wingpass wrote:
I see the 2010 Airbag model is now $27,999.00 I wonder what the "ALL NEW" Japanese 2011 Goldwing will be price at? maybe $29,999.00:shock::shock::shock:
WOW! Goldwings finally toppeda fully loaded Harley Ultraat $23k.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

wingpass wrote:
I see the 2010 Airbag model is now $27,999.00 I wonder what the "ALL NEW" Japanese 2011 Goldwing will be price at? maybe $29,999.00:shock::shock::shock:

http://powersports.honda.com/2009/gold-wing/options.aspx
09 Ulrta Classic starts at $20,999 Abs is an extra $799

09 Tri-glide Ultra Classic (triked from the factory) $29,999

remember when Hondas were cheaper?????:shock:

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

The 09 Ulrta Classic does start at $20,999 plus shipping but I think the CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide is more comparable to the level 4 Goldwing.

The 09 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide is $35,499 plus $375 for shipping.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

aht_six wrote:
The 09 Ulrta Classic does start at $20,999 plus shipping but I think the CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide is more comparable to the level 4 Goldwing.

:?CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide is more comparable to the level 4 Goldwing:shock:

I don't mean any disrespect aht_six but you are WAY off base comparing a CVO Screaming Eagle limited edition collectors bike to a fully loaded Goldwing , The CVO has speacial orders lined up a year in advance. The Loaded $23k Ultra Classic is the bike that all comparisons between Harley Touring and Honda Touringare made with. Take Care - Jim

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

jk-1 wrote:
aht_six wrote:

:?CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide is more comparable to the level 4 Goldwing:shock:

I don't mean any disrespect aht_six but you are WAY off base comparing a CVO Screaming Eagle limited edition collectors bike to a fully loaded Goldwing , The CVO has speacial orders lined up a year in advance. The Loaded $23k Ultra Classic is the bike that all comparisons between Harley Touring and Honda Touringare made with. Take Care - Jim
I not a collector, that aspect never entered my mind.

I was thinking more in terms of performance, and even the CVO Screaming Eagle model falls short of GL1800. Also, the magazine comparisons I have read about luxury tourers use the CVO model vs the Goldwing and K1200LT.

Cycle World Luxury Touring Comparison

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I think the whole motorcycle market is/has gone crazy. Of course, that's because people still buy them. Even the dealers are worried about the impact of the new prices. And HD just announced 11 hours ago they were cutting their workforce by another 11% and this is on top of the 1000 job cut announced 16 July due to profit losses. I wonder if they ever thought that by lowering prices sales would go up and so would profit????? Worked for Sam Walton! Haven't heard anything about Honda layoffs.

I do not think any business these days understand the point of diminishing return until they have priced themself out of the market.

I myself am returning to a Goldwing next week. Wanted to wait for the 2011 but should I wait I know it will be out of my reach. So, I am settling for an 08 with Ccomfort/ABS for less than the best price I can geton a standard 2010 plusthere is a sweet deal if Iuse theirfinance. The deal is 90% finalled but am now having withdrawal pains as I will have to let go of my mint condition 2000 Valkyrie Interstate on top of spending that kind of moneyand the more I think about it the more I wonder. However, the GW is the ultimate in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.