Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, up front let me say I generally get better than average tire mileage. I have awing anda Nomad. Nomad owners say 10K on a rear and 15K on a front is excellent and I've gotten 15K on my rears 3 times and 20K on the front twice.

I get different storiesfrom Wing owners but averaging out it sounds like about 14K for front and rear on the 1800's? Yes/No? I have 12K on mine and by tread depth they will easily go 20K but the rear is badly cupped and the front is starting.

Irun 39 front and 41 PSIrear and am religious about checking the pressure.Lots of folks say the Dunlops are notorious forcupping. True? Yes/NO

Thinking about tweaking tire size up and trying a Bridgestone rear at 180/70x16. Who's done that and what was your result?

Also thinking about a CT and interested in sizes that will fit and what kind of results folks are getting. Especially do you still see cupping with the CT tread patern?

Thanks all and I am just asking about people who have actually done one of these things a what was their personal experience. I have already gotten tons of opinions and the "I knew a guy who...." folks are certainly trying to help but that's not the kind of info I am after.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

I don't know anyone who got 14,000 miles from a front tire. 11,000 at the most and they were always shot before that. The Bridgestones cup too in my experience, but not until I've got over 7,000 miles.
There are some CT threads floating around the forum already, you will find plenty of opinions in them.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

Tyres cup, that's a fact of life. On your car you rotate the tyres to even out the cupping and wear. On your motorcycle you just live with it.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Bridgestone POTENZA GO19 Grid

195/55R16 87H all season tire.

It is not a ROF

Run 41-43 PSI

CT does not cup, at least, on a wing

Probably get 30,000 mile out of the tire.

I'm hard on tires and usually get less than 20,000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.