Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Arrived about 01:00 eighteen hours after leaving north Texas. Roger met me in Salina Kansas but had fuel pump problems getting there. Terry's school bus had locked rear brakes but they hammered on them until they broke loose.He was coming from the Chicago area.I arrivedand found the grounds to be a dark, sleeping place. I found theyellow bus , there were old friends I've never met in person. Only on boards like this one. Good tofinally meet in person.We got to really know one another. Talked till about dawn and started walking around looking when everything began to move. I've been to swap meets and ralleys but none had prepared me for this. Even my largest previous ralley was only about one tenth of this one. This is the mother of all swap meets. No show to speak of, totally without much of a schedual and really no events to speak of but hundreds of vendors and tables of parts and many wonderful examples of motorcycling machinery on display everywhere. Most of it older stuff. Harly being the most represented, but lots of British/European and a good measure of Hondas. Bultaco and Husky stuff. Ossa,Jawa,Guzzi,Kawa,Sookie. I saw brands I haven't thought about since I was a kid.

A few pics: http://www.network54.com/Forum/161422/message/1315230066/Davenport

http://www.network54.com/Forum/161422/message/1315237667/Glad+you+guys+finally+made+it

I'm disassappointed this was only my first year. Won't be my last. Pretty much something for anyone who loves things old and two-wheeled regardless of the name or origion. A few of them shiny and pretty as hell, but most of them not. Lots of old motorcycles of every type, and acres of parts for them.Thousands of good down to earth interesting people.Ya'll come next year.

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

Thanks Tom , for sharing the many photos . Some real nice iron shown there . I wonder will our Wings still be around at the age of the Henderson or Indian bikes .

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes of course they will Onawinganda . They are perfect examples of how our species not only improves itself but imroves it's technology and it's machinery. The Honda Goldwing will go down as a major link in the chain of mechanical development or at least a really cool motorbike. I've got a thity year old one I wouldn't trade for seven new ones. As long as there are people like us still kicking, the machines will stay around too. We're the old guys at the ralleys and swap meets.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.