Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We are installing a CB into a 2011 gl1800 we have been unable to locate the wire harness that is supposs to be under the front faring, the bike has sat nav. can anyone help

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
imported post

Since there is no such thing as a 2011 1800 I am not surprised.
If it is a 2012 I have no information on that but if a 2010 it should be to the right side of the fuel filler neck.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum alburt. If yours is an official Australian GL1800, I don't believe the CB connections are fitted to them. You get the same models as Europe and the UK, and none of them are wired for the CB either.
Only USA and Canada models are pre-wired for the CB.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

sorry about the year it is a 2010 it was brought in 2011 in australia, we have looked under the faring on right side but cant see it, could this be because it has sat nav. but will check again in the daylight
Ialso have a 2005 gl1800 to which i have fitted a cb and had no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

The connector on the airbag models is often hidden behind the plastic air duct on the right side.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I would like to thank everyone, but we did not find the plug, the bike was returned to the dealer as australian models are suppose to have the plug, the dealer pulled the faring of and found it up under the airbag. must have been caught up when thay put the bike together.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

alburt wrote:
I would like to thank everyone, but we did not find the plug, the bike was returned to the dealer as australian models are suppose to have the plug, the dealer pulled the faring of and found it up under the airbag. must have been caught up when thay put the bike together.
The plug on mine was also under the air bag and under the air cleaner. I had posted about this some time back. I saw this post but did not respond as you listed it as a nav model .. not an airbag. There are many differences as to where harness are located based on if it is an airbag model. The more information you can give about your model will likely produce more helpful responses from those who can offer assistance.

See below...

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/85684.html

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Under the airbag is the normal place for the plug on air baggers. I didn't know you had an airbag model when I read the thread first, which is why I didn't reply either. I'm glad the dealer sorted it for you.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

I wonder why Honda hid the connector under the airbag? Not very clever IMHO.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

GoWing wrote:
I wonder why Honda hid the connector under the airbag? Not very clever IMHO.
And very dangerous to who ever works on the bike w/o unhooking the battery. Might be Honda's way of some generated income from mechanics who set off the air bag while trying to save some time w/o unhooking the battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.