Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

You have to wonder what the Japanese are thinking at the Honda plant right now,

What can we install on the new Goldwing that will convince people to spend $30,000.

Any ideas out there about what you would install if you were Honda? to make us Goldwing riders excited about going out to buy or upgrade to a 2011 Goldwing at that price.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

That makes 2 of us, never will be able to upgrade at mthose prices:(:(

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,793 Posts
imported post

Well, even if I won the lottery, I will not turn loose of $30,000 for a bike. That just is not financially logical or practical.

I will be looking for a nice used one at half that price or less.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

My thoughts exactly, just want to trade up to a nice 1500, then I guess I will keep it always, because I'm not giving them $30,000.00 for a bike. It also kinda hurts that they feel the need to build them in Japan again. But on the bright side, it should keep the value of the bike's build here higher, I think?

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

That would make an 1800 Trike at about 40,000 - 42,000. Ridiculous:shock:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

This... If they can give me back about 20 years and get Cybill from back-in-the-day, only then will I buy one!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

A new 1800 in Ireland TODAY would cost you around €35000 .you guys in the USA have been spoilt fot too long ,Time the real cost of living caught up with ya all :D:D

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Yep--Canadians have been putting out $30-33K for new 1800's for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

You guys stop talking baloney...If you won the lottery, you would buy a new Goldwing, no matter what the cost and put every accessory that you want on it.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Indeed if I won the lotto I would have two brand new 1800's one triked with independent suspension (for play), and the other triked with independent suspension(for work). One red, one black. Both fully chromed.:clapper:
Dreams keep me going.:action:

Wexy, if we be paying 30 next year, just think you be paying bout 38 - 40.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

If I won the lottery - yep!!

Otherwise - I've never yet bought a new-from-the-showroom vehicle in my life. (honest).

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

I've seen this exact same discussion in many forums. When the new bike, boat, snowmobile, car or even golf clubs comes out, there are people who say that the company is "crazy" for asking such a high price. In the end, we will buy the new toys in bunches and love 'em just the same as our present toys, yes toys.

What's really scary is the price of the 2022 Goldwing, $55,000! You know it'll be close to that. Just an educated guess.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

I will ride my 1500 until either I get too old or the 1500 dies. I have owned two Gold Wings and put over 100,000 miles onone of thembefore I grew tired and traded. I am going to see just how longthisGold Wing will last.

Your Friend,

John D.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Now I never said I would get rid of my present Goldwing :DNo sirree. Big Red is my baby, we've gone through way too much together.:shock: :action::action::action::cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.