Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have sat on a new 2012 wing and the seat seemed really comfy.... does it feel that way after a 500 mile ride?

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
imported post

The only problem I see with it is it sits too low even with my 30" inseam. A friend of mine bought 1 and couldn't ride it until he had the seat built up 4".

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

If it's the same as the previous 02-10 Wing seats, then it should be plenty comfy! I love mine and it's 9 years old!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

i have one 540 mile ride on mine without getting out of the seat...just gas and go. the seat is very comfy! my wife has not ridden that far with me but in one all day ride with sttops for gas and lunch, she loved it! if passenger comfort is an issue for you, there is nothing needed on the 2012 bike.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
The only problem I see with it is it sits too low even with my 30" inseam. A friend of mine bought 1 and couldn't ride it until he had the seat built up 4".
I also have a 30" inseam, and don't agree with this at all. I have sat on the 2012 Goldwing, and the seat is not low at all. As a matter of fact it is listed as 29.1" high. Adding another 4 inches to it would take a long legged man to reach the ground!
The seat does seem to be a bit on the firm side though.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Seat height is the same as before. If the suspension is set to 0 it makes the seat height feel very low.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
imported post

I am not positive, as Honda claims differently, but I suspect there is little difference between 01-10 and 2011 Wing seats. If you are in very good physical condition and have butt muscles like rocks, the seat is probably fantastic. I have a friend like this and he loves his. I however, am not so fortunate. I bought an Ultimate seat and am now totally happy.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Viking wrote:
I am not positive, as Honda claims differently, but I suspect there is little difference between 01-10 and 2011 Wing seats. If you are in very good physical condition and have butt muscles like rocks, the seat is probably fantastic. I have a friend like this and he loves his. I however, am not so fortunate. I bought an Ultimate seat and am now totally happy.
As far as I know, there were no 2011 Wings.

The new 2012 Wing seats are new and improved, even the material they use on the outside is all new.:?

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
imported post

CBH wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
I also have a 30" inseam, and don't agree with this at all. I have sat on the 2012 Goldwing, and the seat is not low at all. As a matter of fact it is listed as 29.1" high. Adding another 4 inches to it would take a long legged man to reach the ground!
The seat does seem to be a bit on the firm side though.
I just know it feels considerably lower than my 08, I do have progressive springs which add to the height but I could never sit flat footed with my knees bent even without the spring change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.