Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
The earlier ones do that sometimes. Your post is the first I've read about it happening. Have you done the usual reboot?

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Actually I should have asked if yours is locking up, or if you are just asking a general question about the possibility?

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Since the system requires you not to be moving in order to use the system are you in neutral with the kickstand down?? Or are you on the center stand with the kickstand up??

Henry

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
There's a gps software download available for early production 12's, ID'ed by VIN or checking the software version you currently have. Don't remember exactly what nav symptom it's supposed to fix but what you posted sounds familiar. You should see your local Honda dealer about it...it's free for now.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
I do not recall other than I was stopped. I do not see how that would be an issue please explain.
I don't have the NAVI system on mine, but I seem to remember that you have to be completely stopped (no speed input to the system) and either the Clutch pulled in or the kickstand down. Not sure which it is, you should probably check your NAVI manual.

Once you start moving the system disables all of the inputs. There are ways to bypass this but it involves changing the wiring on your bike and installing a switch that makes the bike believe you are not moving. Not sure I would recommend that.

Henry

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
You must be completely stopped with the bike in neutral. I have made change to mine with the side stand down or up sitting at a signal light it was a quick change.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Sounds like it reinforces my post on the previous page. Here in the states it came out as a 'product update campaign'. Owner's of effected vehicles were supposed to be notified by letter. And I know a few who actually were. It's also possible there are bikes not within the VIN range who have the old software. Best way to go is check software version.

·
Premium Member
GL1800G Gen2, in Matte Altair Silver & Black
2 Posts
2012/13 Goldwing GPS software update

Hi, this new firmware is for the 2012 and 2013 Goldwings here in the UK & Europe, its number is Version 2.80.

The old software worked fine with a route that was made by the bike GPS unit ie Find an address and GO TO, but it failed to work properly when a Custom Route was made using Mapsource or Basecamp and then transferred to the bike GPS.

I tried the new 2.80 software on a recent trip to Northern Ireland and it worked really well - even better than my Zumo 660 at times.

A question;
Does your bike GPS unit work well with a Custom Route that contains lots of via-points and way-points even if you go off route and miss one or more of the 'Points' ???

I ask because I'm curious to know whether the 2.80 software is a completely new version or just a Eurofied version of the US software.
Cheers,
Ian.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.